Our Collection of your Personal Information
The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your name, contact information, IP addresses, product and service selections and any other information required by us to provide our services to you. We collect personal information from you at different points, including but not limited to the following:
- when we correspond with you as a customer or prospective customer;
- when you visit our website;
- when you take out an insurance policy through us; and
- when you contact us for information, assistance or about any insurance policy related services such as renewals, amendments or claims.
Our Use of your Personal Information
Our Company may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that you may hold with us, may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties;
- verify your eligibility to credit facilities;
- transfer personal information to third parties for any legally permissible purpose at our sole discretion in respect, including for the purposes of administering the products and services you have requested from us; and
- enforce our terms and conditions
We do not sell personal information to third parties.
Our Disclosure of your Personal Information to Third Parties
We may share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Statement:
- we may provide your information to our partner insurers and service providers who perform functions on your/our behalf. Usually our service providers sign a standard confidentiality agreement;
- as required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to our Company; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or Company policies; and
- other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country.
Our Security Measures to Protect your Personal Information
We have physical and electronic security measures in place to help protect information under our control from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorised disclosure or access.
Our Retention of your Personal Information
We will retain any personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the business purpose for which it was collected. We will also retain and use your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Your payment card information, if provided to us, will be used solely for processing payment. We do not retain a record of your card information for future reuse.
International Transfers of your Personal Information
Information collected from you may, on occasion, be stored and processed outside the UK in any other country in which the Insurer or service provider we use maintains facilities, and by accessing our sites and using our services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Your Access to and Updating of your Personal Information
You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information held by us. Access to your personal information will be provided free of charge upon request to us.
You have the right to ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data or to complete any incomplete personal data that we hold about you.
You have the right to ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you without delay in certain
circumstances. However, there may be legal or regulatory reasons why we cannot erase certain personal date we hold about you. If your personal data cannot be removed for any such reasons, we will provide you with an explanation.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Notice is subject to change. It was last updated on 24 August 2020. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will update the date it was last changed.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, our practices or have any concerns please contact us at:
Beaumont Lawrence, 4 Sweetlake Court, Mercian Close, Shrewsbury, SY3 9GE
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01743 236767